You can help us make a difference at Cherokee! There are two ways you can help. Camp Cherokee turns no one away due to their inability to pay. Each year, we subsidize or completely scholarship over 80 young people that would otherwise not be able to attend Cherokee. If you are interested in helping us raise money, or would like to donate to our Financial Assistance Program, please email John Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherokee also is in the process of raising money for our Capital Campaign!
The Civilian Conservation Corps (or “CCC”) was formed in 1933 to promote environmental conservation and build good citizens. The Civilian Conservation Corps began developing Kings Mountain State Park in 1934. YMCA Camp Cherokee began operating in 1945. We are setting out to preserve our legacy.
YMCA Camp Cherokee invites you to join us in this endeavor. We have several goals:
- Preserve the heritage of YMCA Camp Cherokee while addressing current capital needs to stay competitive;
- Ensure longevity of YMCA Camp Cherokee and secure a position as a leader in the camping field;
- Improve infrastructure to maximize year round use of the property;
- Develop additional revenue streams to secure financial sustainability for years to come;
- Create a network allowing alumni and supporters to remain involved and attached to Camp Cherokee.
There are many ways to help:
- Become a member of the Cherokee Conservation Corps (CCC) by committing to a monthly recurring contribution;
- Commit to spreading the word to your friends about the CCC;
- And forward names of corporate donors who may be interested in helping our efforts.
If you would like to be a member or would like more information, please contact John Gordon at email@example.com